Summer Messer Seminar
On the 23rd and 24th of June, ELSAMHE will host the Summer Messer Seminar 2018 in Strasbourg.
Two days entirely dedicated to this fabulous weapons called « Messer » or « lang Messer », but maybe also a little bit to its descendant, the dussack.
Participants of the seminar will be able to follow classes by either widely renowned European instructors, either who deserved to have this reputation.
This event is also an echo to the Winter Messer Meeting hold two times by AMEK.
A few students from ELSAMHE participated to these two events and were so excited that they had no other desire than to organize a similar event.
The schedule is based on the following principle:
- Morning is dedicated to class, hold by instructors
- Afternoon is dedicated to free sparrings, exchange, experimentations and some contests
The hall will be accessible from 9am to 7pm both on Saturday and Sunday.
- Hans Heim was one of the very first people to work again with the Lecküchner sources in early 2000’s and proposes a workshop following the theme « Footwork from Lecküchner. How to generate power and safety from the right footwork.«
- Olivier Dupuis will dedicate his workshop to a lost source from Peter Faulkner. Hopefully some short extracts remain and one of them in particular deals with the description of the main defense to be done from one of the four guards in messer. Starting from this point, the exercises will lead participants to experiment simple mechanisms to manage the beginning of assaults with a single handed weapon.
- Rémi Deyme, Technical stuff from Lecküchner : understanding how and when it can be applied in combat. This workshop will mainly be focusing on trying to fully understand different techniques from the Lecküchner (for example Wincker, Uberlauffen, etc) and discussing on what can make them efficient (or on the contrary what could prevent them from succeeding) in the context of an assault.
Please fill the form to validate your registration : SMS2018 Registration Form
Two options are available through the form :
- Event + saturday night dinner
- Event alone, without saturday night dinner
Please note that your registration will only be validated after the payment has been done!
If you face any troubles, or want to modify your choice, please contact us directly by e-mail or by facebook!
Adress of the Hall : 3 Boulevard du Président-Wilson, 67000 STRASBOURG
Can’t be closer to the central train station (Gare de Strasbourg).
More informations to come by email and Facebook concerning the saturday evening dinner.
If you need to contact us before the event, please chose one of the following: